Grab My Blinkie

Photobucket

Favorite Scrap Stores

Photobucket Photobucket
Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tut: Retro Candy





















Retro Candy

This tutorial was written by me on April 18, 2010 using PSP 9.  All my tutorials assume you have some working knowledge of PSP and/or Animation Shop.

Supplies:

Tube of choice - I'm using the art of Joel Adams.  Do not use without a license.  You can purchase his tubes/license at CILM.

Scrap kit - I'm using C.C. Creationz portion of the "Candy Shoppe" store collab from Enchanted Dreams Boutique.  You can purchase this great kit here.

Template - I'm using Template 89 from Blissfully Beth.  You can download from her blog.

Mask - I'm using CM Mask 1 from Vicky.  You can download this mask from Creative Misfits Creations under the Diamond Masks challenge.

Font of choice - I'm using Bellbottom Laser which you can download from here.
To begin open your tube and mask in PSP and minimize for now

1.  Open up template - delete copyright, stalker wordart, and background layer - new raster layer - floodfill white - send to bottom - image - canvas size - 750 X 750

2.  Highlight large square background layer and with magic wand click inside - copy/paste Image 4 from kit as new layer - selections - invert - delete - select none - delete original layer

3.  Highlight large square frame and click with magic wand - copy/paste Image 6 as new layer - selections - invert - delete - select none - delete original layer 

4.  Highlight Frame 2 background - click with magic wand and copy/paste Image 1 as new layer - selections - invert - delete - selections - select none - delete original layer


5.  Highlight Frame 2 - click with magic wand - new raster layer - on color pallet change top color to #fdfb06 - Floodfill raster with color - selections - select none - delete original layer - dropshadow frame - REPEAT for Frame 1 background and Frame using the same Paper and Color

6.  Highlight Bottom horizontal line - click with magic wand - copy/paste Image 3 as new layer - resize 65% - selections - invert - delete - adjust - sharpness - sharpen - adjust - sharpness - sharpen more -  dropshadow - delete original layer - repeat for Top horizontal line 

7.  Highlight Colored circle layers - using magic wand click inside each circle and copy/paste Papers of choice or floodfill with colors from kit ( your choice) - dropshadow - delete original layer - merge your circle layers together - arrange on your tag where you want

8.  Copy/paste Lollipops of choice as new layers - resize 50% - position over right side Frame - arrange - dropshadow each layer - with selection tool outline the bottoms of the lollipops that are hanging over the frame - delete

9.  Copy/paste Pinwheel as new layer - resize 40% - position over left side Frame - dropshadow - duplicate - resize a touch smaller - arrange - duplicate again - arrange - with selection tool outline the bottoms of the pinwheels that are hanging below the frame - delete

10.  Copy/paste Butterflies of choice - resize - image - mirror - arrange over circles - dropshadow

11.  Copy/paste Bow of choice as new layer - resize - position on bottom of right side frame - duplicate - image - mirror - position on bottom of left frame - dropshadow both layers

12.  Back on white background layer - copy/paste Image 4 as new layer - layers - new mask layer - from image - find your mask - okay - merge group - using deform tool stretch and pull the mask to fit neatly around your tag

13.  Close out background layer - crop/resize tag to your preference - add copyright/license information and name - save as .png

That's it!!  Thank you for trying my tutorial!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Risha
Vernon, Florida, United States
Hello! I'm a SAHM of 2 beautiful children Wyatt & Caitlyn and have been married to my wonderful husband Everett for 9 years. I live in a small town in NW Florida and am owned by several miniature dachshunds. I've been PSPing for 7 years now and just now decided to put my tags into tutorial form. When I'm not busy taking care of my various animals which not only is dachshunds, but includes various types of fowl and poultry I am playing with my kids or at my computer.
View my complete profile

TOU



All of my ideas are my original designs. Any resemblence to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Do Not Translate, copy, email, download (ie; save to your own hard drive) distribute and/or make scripts/ quick guides from my tutorials.
Do Not hot link to my images or files.
Do Not upload my files to any other site. Do not share my files with others, as some of the contents require permission from their creators to be shared.
If you are a group manager & wish to use my tutorials in your challenges you may, but only as a link back to my site.

Followers

Licensing

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket