Grab My Blinkie

Photobucket

Favorite Scrap Stores

Photobucket Photobucket
Monday, April 12, 2010

Tut: Garv's Girl


















Garv's Girl

This tutorial was written by me on April 12, 2010 using PSP 9.  All my tutorials assume you have some working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies:

Tube of choice - I'm using the ever awesome Keith Garvey.  Do not use this image without the proper license.  You can purchase tubes/license at MyPSPTubes.

Scrap Kit - I'm using a great FTU kit called "Garv's Girl" from Tamie at Addictive Pleasures.  Visit her blog to download.

Mask of choice - I'm using CM Mask 3 from Vicky.  You can download this mask from Creative Misfits.  Click on Masks on the right side of  page and scrolldown to Week 3 mask challenge Diamonds.

Font of choice

Filters - DSB Flux Bright noise & Eye Candy 5 Textures 

Animation Shop

Open your tube & mask in PSP - minimize for now

1.  Open new image 700 x 700 white - copy/paste Paper 1 as new layer - go to layers - new mask layer - from image - find your mask in dropdown - ok - merge group - copy/paste Paper 8 as new layer - apply your mask again - merge group - rotate this mask layer left 45 - merge down to other mask layer

2.  Copy/paste Wire 2 as new layer - copy/paste Notepaper as new layer - resize - rotate left 30 - position - dropshadow - choose a script font write out a message - rotate left 30 - position on notepaper - convert to raster and merge down to notepaper 

3.  Copy/paste Glitter Splat 2 as new layer - resize - position in top right corner of tag - duplicate - image - mirror - image flip - merge down - dropshadow - duplicate this layer for a total of 3 - on bottom glitter layer - effects - dsb flux - bright noise settings 50 click mix 1x - on second layer - repeat effect, but click on mix 2x - on top layer repeat but click on mix 3x - close out top 2 glitter layers

4.  Copy/paste Stars as new layer - position in top left corner of tag - duplicate - image - mirror - image - flip - dropshadow both layers - merge duplicate layer down

5.  Copy/paste Bow 4 as new layer - resize - position in the center towards the top of the wire star ( see my tag) - dropshadow - copy/paste Button 2 as new layer - resize - position in center of bow - dropshadow

6.  Copy/paste Staple as new layer - resize - position so it looks like the paper is stapled to the bow ( see my tag) dropshadow

7.  Copy/paste Plate as new layer - resize - position in the center at the bottom of the wire (see my tag) - dropshadow - duplicate for a total of 3 layers

8.  Here comes the tricky part - using your magic wand click inside the letters on the plate while holding down the shift key - when you have all the letters outlined with your "ants" on the original layer making sure it is highlighted- effects - Eye Candy 5 Textures - texture noise - default settings - apply - click on your undo button - close the original and open the first duplicate layer making sure it is highlighted - repeat filter but hit your random seed button 1x - apply - open 2nd duplicate layer making sure it is highlighted and close the other - repeat filter clicking on random seed again - apply.  Close out the duplicates and open original layer

9.  Copy/paste Heart 2 as new layer - resize - position on bottom right of plate - duplicate - rotate the duplicate layer to the left 15 move down just a bit - dropshadow both layers

10.  Copy/paste your tube of choice as new layer - resize -dropshadow and position

11.  Close out background layer - crop/resize your tag to your preference - add copyright/license info and name - open background layer again

Animation

1. Open Animation Shop - In PSP making sure your original animation noise layers are open - edit copy merge - back in Animation Shop paste as new Animation - in PSP close those 2 layers and open the 1st duplicate layers - edit - copy merge - Paste after current frame - repeat these steps for the next layers .  You should now have 3 frames in Animation Shop - go to edit - select all - animation - frame properties - change to 20 - play your animation. Save as .gif.

That's it!  Thank you for trying my tutorial!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Risha
Vernon, Florida, United States
Hello! I'm a SAHM of 2 beautiful children Wyatt & Caitlyn and have been married to my wonderful husband Everett for 9 years. I live in a small town in NW Florida and am owned by several miniature dachshunds. I've been PSPing for 7 years now and just now decided to put my tags into tutorial form. When I'm not busy taking care of my various animals which not only is dachshunds, but includes various types of fowl and poultry I am playing with my kids or at my computer.
View my complete profile

TOU



All of my ideas are my original designs. Any resemblence to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Do Not Translate, copy, email, download (ie; save to your own hard drive) distribute and/or make scripts/ quick guides from my tutorials.
Do Not hot link to my images or files.
Do Not upload my files to any other site. Do not share my files with others, as some of the contents require permission from their creators to be shared.
If you are a group manager & wish to use my tutorials in your challenges you may, but only as a link back to my site.

Followers

Licensing

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket